How to extend the life of a lithium ion battery? For users of smartphones, laptops, tablets and gadgets in general, the performance and life of the battery is something very important and even a big concern. Most modern devices come equipped with lithium – ion , also known as Li-Ion batteries , as they offer greater energy storage capacity in units of less weight and size than the old nickel. There are also some differences in the way they should be loaded and stored.
After conducting some research, I discovered that many of the things he had heard about the way in which to load and store the batteries modern, are nothing but myths inherited from the way they should be treated the old batteries nickel. Before turning to the recommendations it is necessary to clarify that Li-Ion batteries have a service life which can vary between 3 and 5 years.
Improve Battery Life in Laptops, Macbook, windows, iPhone’s
- How long does the battery of your laptop Last? Extend your laptop battery life
- How to improve battery life of dell laptop
- How to improve battery life of lenovo laptop to last More
How to extend the life of a lithium ion battery
Everything will depend on how they are loaded, because only withstand between 300 and 1,000 loads, and also the conditions of use to which they are subject, as its performance is affected by very high or very low temperatures.
1. Charge the battery whenever you can : How to extend the life of a lithium ion battery
Contrary to what many think, let download the Li-Ion batteries completely, ie 0%, has a negative effect on them.Fully recharge necessitates the use of a greater number of charge cycles. It would be advisable to leave them to download up to 40% or 50% of its capacity and recharge again.
2. Do not charge the batteries to full capacity : How to extend the life of a lithium ion battery
Incredibly, it is not advisable tocharge the batteries of our devices up to 100% of its capacity, in fact it is advisable to load up to 80% or 90% of its total capacity. In case you can not avoid loading up to 100%, the ideal is to disconnect the charger when this limit is reached. By staying connected more than necessary a “mini-cycles” load ending decreasing their life occurring in the battery.
3. Download the battery completely once a month :
While it is a contradiction to the first point, there is a reason for this. The lithium ion batteries are also known to be intelligent, this “intelligence” is what allows devices that warn us about the approximate charging time remaining for the battery. Following several charging and discharging, these values no longer accurate, to recalibrate the battery manufacturers recommend a complete download.
4. Use the right for your type of battery charger : How to extend the life of a lithium ion battery
Charge batteries using any charger not only helps to reduce life, but can also be dangerous. A battery that is connected to an improper charger can overheat and even catch fire. Always try to use the charger supplied with the battery itself or device that uses it .
5. Do not worry about the first charge : How to extend the life of a lithium ion battery
Often when buying a new device some vendors recommend fully charge the battery before first use, something for nothing, is necessary. The operation of a Li-Ion battery on the first charge is equal to any of the following.
6. Store batteries in a cool place :
In case you need to store a battery for long, it is best to leave it loaded up to 40% of its total capacity and put it to a temperature close to 15 ° C. The heat can damage the battery completely if left stored for long. A battery of lithium ions stored properly can retain up to 80% of its load and work perfectly even after being unused for 6 months.
Tip : It is likely that at some point have heard of memory effect of batteries, but if not, this is a chemical phenomenon that reduces the lifetime of the batteries are not fully charged, however, this does not affect in any way lithium batteries we use today ions, so that if this issue was causing you concern, you can forget all about him.
If you are interested in learning more about the world of batteries, you can visit Battery University , there you will find a wealth of information on the subject.
Improve Battery Life in Laptops, macbook, windows, iPhone’s
- How to increase battery life of laptop sony vaio
- HP Notebook PCs Batteries: Improve life cycle of HP Laptop battery
- Tips for How to increase battery life of laptop hp
Li ion battery life cycle: How to extend the life of a lithium ion battery
- Battery Safety
- What is the life cycle of the battery?
- What is the battery capacity?
- How do you determine HP warranty period?
- What is Smart Battery Technology?
- What is Smart Battery Calibration?
- Maximizing the capacity and lifetime of the battery
- Should the battery fully charged before using the computer?
- Tips for conserving battery charge