Apple iOS Siri
Siri – iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch – Apple iOS Siri
By using Siri on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch you can:
- Send messages.
- Schedule meetings.
- Place phone calls.
- Open any Application.
- Check Weather on your iPhone.
- Check and send Emails.
- Play Music and Videos.
You can Ask Siri to do things for you just by talking the way you talk, Siri also replies to your questions and understands what you are saying. Siri understands your natural speech, and it asks you questions if it needs more information to complete a task.
- iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
- iPad 3rd generation or later.
- iPad mini.
- iPod touch 5th generation.
How do i ask siri Something or use Siri on iPhone and iPad ? Apple iOS Siri
- You just have to Hold down the Home button ‘for one or two seconds‘ until you get response from Siri.
- After starting or opening Siri. It will ask you “What can I help you with?”. You can Just start speaking. Or, you can press and hold the Home button and release it when you’re done speaking.
- By saying Hey Siri you can ask Siri a question if you are using iOS 8.
- You can turn on Hey Siri By Going in to Settings > General > Siri > Allow “Hey Siri.”
- One drawback you’ll need to connect your iOS device to power to use Hey Siri.
- You can also Use your headphones or a Bluetooth headset.
Using Siri in the Car – CarPlay?
CarPlay also Supports Other iPhone Apps:
- Beats Music.
- At Bat.
- CBS Radio.
- If you’re using CarPlay in a supported vehicle, press and hold the voice command button and then you can start using Siri in your car.
- You can also start using Siri by pressing and holding the Home key, if you have a touchscreen.
- Siri will also help you automatically when you tap the Phone or Messages icon.
- In a car that supports Eyes Free, you can start a conversation with Siri by pressing and holding the voice command button on your steering wheel, just like the Home button on your iPhone.
- Siri waits for you to stop talking, but you can also tap the audio wave to tell Siri you’re done talking.
Is Siri Smart enough?
Yes is Siri is smart enough, it understands, replies and does your work, without needing any work on your part. Siri understands you better and will give you better suggestions and replies, when you will start using Siri more often. It learns your accent and conversation and provides you better replies and answers. Siri also uses information from your contacts, music library, calendars, and reminders to better understand what you say. So it responds more accurately when you ask to make a phone call, play music, or create an appointment or reminder.
You can always tell Siri to understand your accent and Voice patterns by going in to Settings > General > Siri, and by turning Dictation off and then back on in Settings > General > Keyboards.
Can I change how Siri voice to male or female? Apple iOS Siri
- Your iOS devices like iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch initially uses a default voice for Siri.
- When you will connect your iOS device to Wi-Fi network first time, it Siri will download other available voices.
- You can also Change the gender Voice in Siri By going in to Settings > General > Siri > Voice Gender.
- The voice genders that are available vary by country and region. You can also Change the default language of siri by Going in to Settings > General > Siri > Language.
Siri Uses – Apple iOS Siri
What types of things can I ask Siri about or ask it to do?
You can ask Siri to make a call, find a business and get directions, schedule reminders and meetings, search the web, identify songs with Shazam, and more. You can even ask Siri “What can you do for me? or tap the “?” in the left corner of the screen when you bring Siri up. You’ll see examples of things Siri can do, along with ways you can ask for things.
iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch Apps Compatible with Siri?
Siri is smart enough to work with any app. Siri almost works with almost all built-in apps. Siri also uses Search and Location Services, and provides the local results, if, available any. Below are some of the list of iOS devices apps and services that Siri works with worldwide:
- World Clock.
- Web search.
- Wikipedia search.
- Wolfram|Alpha (English only).
- Find My Friends.
- Post on Facebook.
- App launch.
- Local search.
Siri and Location – Reminders?
If you don’t want to share your location with Siri then You can always turn off the ability for Siri to use your location by going to Settings > Privacy > Location Services. Note that your location information is not shared with any other apps or services outside your iOS device.
Languages Supported By Apple iOS Siri
Siri understands and can speak many languages, some of them are:
- Australia (English)
- Brazil (Protuguese)
- Canada (Canadian French, English)
- China (Mandarin)
- Denmark (Danish)
- France (French)
- Germany (German)
- Hong Kong (Cantonese)
- India (English)
- Italy (Italian)
- Japan (Japanese)
- Korea (Korean)
- Mexico (Spanish)
- Netherlands (Dutch)
- New Zealand (English)
- Russia (Russian)
- Singapore (English)
- Spain (Spanish)
- Sweden (Swedish)
- Switzerland (French, German, Italian)
- Taiwan (Mandarin)
- Thailand (Thai)
- Turkey (Turkish)
- United Kingdom (English)
- United States (English, Spanish)
Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod touch Location services Guide:
- How to turn on GPS on the iPhone.
- How to track a stolen iphone without icloud and tracking app.
- Track Your lost iOS device Using ‘Find My iPhone’ app.
- How to track your lost iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Mac.
- How to access location History on iPhone (With pictures).
- How to deactivate or Turn off GPS tracking on iPhone and iPad.
- How to Disable photo or camera Geotagging on iPhone and iPad.
How to Use parental control or iPhone restrictions on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch full guide
- How to restrict Privacy settings access with parental controls on iPhone and iPad.
- How to set parental controls on iPhone Email, Mobile data, App refresh and volume limit.
- Restrict or Block adding friends and Multiplayer games in game Center using Parental controls.
- How to enable Parental controls for iTunes and iBooks store on iPhone and iPad.
- How to enable Parental restrictions on iPhone camera and Siri.
- How to Restrict iPhone, iPad and iPod touch app deletion using parental controls.
- How to Enable and setup Parental controls on iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch.
- How to block Adult websites on iOS devices like iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 6, 6 plus, iPad and iPod touch using iOS 7 and iOS 8.
How to use the Lock screen on iPhone or iPad
- How to setup or enable a long or strong alphanumeric password on iPhone, iPad.
- iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Passcode guide.
- How to Use Touch ID on iPhone and iPad.
- Understanding Apple Touch ID.
- How to quickly access iPhone camera from Lock screen.
- How to turn off Notification Center on your iPhone or iPad Lock screen.
- How to secure your iPhone or iPad with a passcode.