Learn to change iTunes account (Apple ID) from iPad and iPhone step by step
Do you want to change the iTunes account from the iPad or iPhone itself? If so, you are in the right place because we will teach you step by step how to modify or change the account of Apple ID associated with your devices by another account.
Many of you are sure to use only one Apple ID account that allows you to access iTunes, iCloud, as well as make purchases through Online Store . Even some sure you will have the same email and password to access the iTunes Store, iBooks Store and the App Store as to log in to the iCloud mail and to search my iPhone / iPad.
This, in my opinion, is the most used option and it is much more pleasant to take control of all your accounts and make your purchases easily. However, there are users who prefer to use two or more iTunes accounts for convenience.
How to change iTunes account from iPad or iPhone
In some cases, it is because they use shared accounts (with relatives, partners and even friends) or because their Apple ID account is prior to the arrival of the iCloud service and they have not wanted to unify both accounts.
Be that as it may, if you need to change or modify your Apple ID account synced with your iOS device (iPad – iPhone – iPod Touch), pay close attention to what we are going to tell you below:
- Go to the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Swipe down to find the iTunes Store and App Store settings icon . Once found, click to access its settings.
- Press where your ID appears (located at the top).
- A pop-up menu will appear with the following options:
- View Apple ID (it will show you the details of your current account)
- Disconnect (it will allow you to remove your Apple ID device account to access a new account).
- iForgot (if you have forgotten your password, clicking this option you can change it for another).
- Once the popup menu appears, click on Disconnect .
- We can now insert our new account .
So, we will have our new ID account to make purchases through it. In case you want to change our account for another in the future, we will simply follow the same steps as above ..
In addition, we can only change iTunes account once every 90 days , so if we do before, iTunes Match and iCloud will stop working until the stipulated 90 days have passed.
Also, there will be some users who prefer to permanently disable it from the iPhone or iPad to avoid potential purchases involuntarily , so we recommend that you visit our manual to disable the Apple ID from iPhone and iPad .
Change the country or region of the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, or App Store
If you move to another country or region, go to Account Information or Settings and change the information before purchasing from the iTunes Store, iBooks Store or App Store.
When you change your billing address through the iTunes Store or the App Store, it is updated for all Apple services with which you use the same Apple ID.
What to do before changing country or region
- Re-download the purchases you have purchased that you want to keep on your device. The Purchased section no longer shows items that you have purchased from the store in the previous country or region. You will not be able to update these apps or content without downloading them or buying them again in the new country or region. Also, if you use the iCloud music library, your library content will not appear after you change your country or region.
- Spend the remaining credit on your Apple ID. You should also wait for outstanding store credit refunds to be processed before changing your country or region.
- Cancel subscriptions and wait for memberships, reservations , rental movies on iTunes or season passes to end .
- Updates the payment method. For example, only German credit cards can be used to purchase content from the German iTunes Store, iBooks Store and App Store. Have your new country credit or debit card ready .
- How to back up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes. You may need to temporarily reduce iCloud storage until you change to the new country.
If you are part of a family group, you may not be able to change your country or region. How to leave a family group .
On the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- On your device, tap Settings> [your name]> iTunes Store and App Store.
- Press your Apple ID.
If you are not logged in, do so with the Apple ID and the corresponding password that you use in the iTunes Store.
- Tap View Apple ID.
- If prompted, enter the password again.
- Press Country / Region.
- Tap the new country or region, and then tap Next.
- In the message that appears, press I accept.
- Select a payment method and enter the payment information. Learn more about how to change or remove payment information from your Apple ID .
- Enter the billing address, and then press Next.
The Apple ID country or region is updated for all Apple services on all of your Apple products.
On the Mac or PC
To open iTunes automatically and log in to the Account Information page from your computer, click on this link: View my account . Or follow these steps:
- Open iTunes.
- If you are not logged in, do so with your Apple ID .
- In the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, select Account> View My Account.
- Enter the password, then press Return or Enter on the keyboard or click View account.
On the Account Information page:
- To the right of Country / Region, click Modify country or region.
- From the “Select a country or a region” menu, select the new country or region.
- Click Change.
- On the Welcome to the iTunes Store page, click Continue.
- Click OK.
- Enter the payment method you want to use. Learn how to change or remove payment information from your Apple ID .
- Please enter your billing address
- Click Continue.
The Apple ID country or region is updated for all Apple services on all of your Apple products.
How to change the user account on an iPhone
Edit an existing account
Touch the “Settings” icon on the iPhone’s main screen to start the application.
Select the “Store” option. If the iPhone is not yet connected to your iTunes account, touch the “Enter” button and enter your username and password in the corresponding spaces. Touch the “OK” button to log in.
Touch the “View Account” button. Your account’s current data will appear, including your Apple ID, payment information, credit balance, and billing address.
Touch any part of the account data you want to edit and enter the new information. Touch the “Done” button when you have finished editing the account data.
Create a new account
Start the “Settings” application on the iPhone by clicking on its icon in the main screen and then select from the “Store” option. If you’re already signed in with an iTunes account, touch the “Sign out” button.
Touch the “Create new account” button and select your country or region from the “Shop” menu. Click on the “Next” button to continue.
Review terms and conditions. Touch the “I accept” button in the lower left corner to accept them.
Enter the required user details, including the email address, password, security question, date of birth and billing information, in the corresponding boxes and touch “Next”. An automatic verification message will be sent to the email address you entered in the account details. When you receive the message, click on the “Verify now” link to confirm that you have access to the email account.
Enter the new iTunes username and password in the appropriate spaces and touch the “Verify address” button. The new iTunes account is now confirmed and ready for use.
How to change the email associated with your Apple ID
Your Apple ID is the access card to virtually any Apple branded service: App Store, iTunes, iBookstore, Apple Store, Developer Center, iCloud … the number of services Apple offers associated with this ID is very large, which is an advantage, because with the same identifier and password we have virtually everything related to Apple and its products. A long time ago we talked about the advantages of having an Apple ID and a different iCloud account on your device . Today we are going to tell you how to change the email associated with your Apple ID. This can be useful when we change our primary mail account for any reason and we want it to be associated with our Apple ID to enter the App Store or receive emails from Apple.
We should go to the page that manages everything related to our account : https://appleid.apple.com. Once there, select the option “Manage your Apple ID”, you must then enter your current username and password, and you will access your account.
Here you’ll see your Apple ID and your primary email account first , and just below your alternate Apple ID. This can not be modified, since it is an account that Apple offers us and with which we can also enter the App Store and other services. To change the main mail account we must click on “Edit”.
Your email account will then be put into edit mode and you will be able to type the new one. Remember that the new account must meet some requirements to be your main account:
- It must be an email account that you have active and that you can access, as you will be sent important information that you must verify to make it work.
- It can not be an email address that you have set up as a rescue account
- Can not be an ID that is already in use
- Apple domain accounts are not valid (icloud.com, me.com)
Once finished, you will be sent a confirmation email that you must use for the changes to take effect so that you can start using your new identification using this new email account.
Has it been easy for you to change your Apple ID account from your iPhone or iPad?