How to Create a recovery drive in windows 10 – how to create a recovery partition – Recovery Disk for Windows 10
create a recovery drive, how to create a recovery partition, usb recovery drive, create a recovery partition
- Lets see How to Recovery Partition Windows 7,
- Create a Recovery Partition in Windows 8.1, and
- Create a Recovery Drive Windows 10,
how to create a recovery partition: If you are using a windows 10 device then it is recommended that you should have a recovery drive for your windows 10 pc or laptop, because If things go wrong and you are unable to refresh or reset your device successfully, you can boot the device using recovery media and reset to the prior pristine state. Some persons ask that how can they reinstall windows 10 using a usb drive or disk drive if they are stuck with any problem? Just follow the article and you will find that it is very easy to create a recovery drive for windows 10 PC.
[su_box title=”Related windows 10 How to’s” box_color=”#ee9818″]
- How to Create a recovery drive in windows 10.
- How to Change startup settings in Windows 10.
- How to solve windows 10 flashing black screen problem.
- How to Free up drive space in Windows 10 – Disk cleanup and cleaner.
How to create usb recovery drive? Most of the windows users know that they can install or upgrade to windows 10 through two ways: if you are using windows 7 or some version of windows 8, then you will be able to upgrade your windows 10 PC for free, and the other option is to install windows 10 from external media like DVD or USB (this way you can clean install windows 10).
So, if you have upgraded your pc to windows 10, then you should make or create a recovery drive for windows 10 pc or a restore point for windows 10 pc, so that, if anything goes wrong you shouldn’t have to worry that much. How to create usb recovery drive?
Note: In order to reinstall or restore your windows 10 operating system, No product key is required when using the Recovery Drive to reinstall Windows 10. Once the recovery drive is created on a computer that is already activated, everything should be ok.
How to create a recovery partition? To find out your Activation Status: Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation
Things you will need to create a recovery drive for windows 10 pc?
- A USB drive or disk drive with minimum 4 GB of space or more
- And a Desktop pc or laptop running Windows 10.
Just follow the below steps create a recovery partition:
Create a recovery drive or usb recovery drive
Applies to Windows 10 usb recovery drive – how to create a recovery partition
A recovery drive can help you troubleshoot and fix problems with your PC, even if it won’t start. To create one, all you need is a USB drive. Lets check how to create a recovery partition:
- In the first step just go to your Cortana search bar or From the taskbar,
- Enter Create a recovery drivein Cortana search
- And then select Create a recovery drive settings from the list of options.
- You might have to enter an admin password if asked.
- NOTE: Even if your pc can’t start, you can use a recovery drive to reset it or troubleshoot problems. If you back up system files to this drive, you will also be able to use it to reinstall windows.
- Now When the Create a recovery drive settings opens,
- Make sure that Backup system files to the recovery drive is selected and then select
- Now Connect a Disk drive or USB drive to your PC,
- Then you have to select it, and
- Then select Next > Create.
- Now just for some time until files are being copied to the recovery drive. This might take a while.
- When it’s done, you might see a Delete the recovery partition from your PClink on the final screen.
- If you want to free up drive space on your PC, select the link and then select If not, select Finish.
Booting from Recovery Drive and Reinstall Windows 10
When you need to use the recovery drive, simply connect it to your computer and boot from it. The methods for booting from a thumbdrive might vary depending on the model and make; consult your computer documentation for instructions how to boot from external media. Some might require that you press ESC, F2, F9, F10, F11, DEL or a combination of keyboard commands. Some might even require that you boot into the BIOS or Firmware and change boot options.
- Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool – Windows 10 Clean Install using the Media Creation Tool
- Windows 10 system restore to earlier time – Restore from a system restore point
how to create a recovery partition: