- How to change the format of an external hard drive for Macbook Time Machine Backup
- How to Format a Disk in MacBook Air and Mac OS Sierra or High Sierra
- How to create or delete partitions in MacBook Air, Os Sierra and OS X with Disk Utility
- How to Make an External Hard Drive Partition on Mac
- How to create macOS Sierra hard drive partitions
- Format Mac without deleting hard drive
- Disk Utility for macOS Sierra: Protect a disk with password with Disk Utility
- Create fusion drive sierra | create fusion drive with recovery partition
- How to Partition a Hard Drive to Avoid Losing data on Mac and Windows
- Create a second partition on a Macbook disk without losing data
- Disk Utility for macOS Sierra: Create partitions on a physical disk with Disk Utility
- Disk Utility for MacOS Sierra: Erase a Volume with Disk Utility
- Repair the hard drive if your Mac does not boot
Make it clear that this is “invasive surgery” and is not without risks. It is always convenient to use “First Aid” (also part of “Disk Utility”) to verify the correct state of the disc. And remember that a mechanical failure would affect the integrity of the data of both partitions.
Now, first, WHAT WE SHOULD NOT DO. We should not select the disk, click on the “tab” or “partitions” and change, in “Volume Scheme” to “2 partitions”, because yes, we would have two partitions, but having FORMAT the whole disk and losing all data stored in it.