You can create wifi hotspot windows 7, windows 8 and create hotspot on windows 10 using this method
Now-a-days internet connectivity has become one of the things that we need the most. It would be nice if we can use our computer’s fast internet Connection. So guys the solution is Wireless Hosted Network. This concept of Wireless Hosted network was introduced in Windows 7. By using this feature we can easily create a virtual wireless adapter.To do this we only require a CMD(Command Prompt!) with Administrator privileges. And best of all you can connect to another WiFi when Hosted Network is running. This process describes some of the commands that are available only in Windows 7 or Windows 8 Ready PC.
In the How to create a wireless network without using router? You can make your laptop a WI-Fi hotspot without using a router. First included in Microsoft Windows XP by Microsoft. How to create a wifi network inwindows 7 without router. Can i make my laptop a wifi hotspot windows 7.
- How to Turn Your Windows 8 or 10 Laptop into a Wireless Access Point – Set up wireless network.
- How to create a wireless network without a router – windows 7, XP and 8.
- Find your Wi-Fi password on Mac, Windows and router configuration webpage.
- How to find your wireless network password – if you forgot it.
Making your laptop or how to create a WIFI hotspot using CMD is compatible on following Microsoft windows editions.
|1. Microsoft windows XP.||2. Microsoft windows 7.||3. Microsoft windows 8.|
|4. Microsoft windows 8.1.||5. Microsoft windows 10|
Creating a WiFi hotspot using CMD (command prompt) – Make laptop wifi hotspot
Using command prompt to create a WIFI home or office wireless network is very easy. Creating a wireless home or office network without router using command prompt is a 6-7 step process. You can use command prompt in Microsoft windows XP, Microsoft windows 7 and Microsoft windows 8 to create an AD-hoc network (also called as virtual private network).
STEP 1: Opening Command prompt on your Windows PC to create hotspot Using CMD:
- In order to create a Wi-Fi hotspot on your PC or to create a wirless network without a router you, you can use CMD to do it.
- Just click windows key + R button simultaneously to open a run command (then enter CMD to open it) or
- You can go to Windows Cortana search or Cortana Search and then enter CMD, open it with administrator privileges.
- Type “cmd” in the box then hit “Enter” or OK. The Command Prompt will pop up, with Administrative Privileges.
STEP 2: Check if your Laptop or PC has all the needed Drivers to create WiFi hotspot using CMD or to Create a Wireless network Without a Router:
- Just enter the below command which is in bold letters to verify whether your device supports this type of functionality or not.
netsh wlan show driversin command prompt (CMD) and press enter.
- If CMD Shows –
Hosted network supported :Yes
- Then it means that your computer supports hosted networks.
- You can Verify this by looking at the image.
STEP 3: Creating hotspot and Wireless network without a router using CMD Command Prompt:
- In this step you have to create a hosted network and allow it to connect it.
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Hotspotname key=passwordin Command prompt.
- If you are facing problems to decode what is your hotspotname and password ?,
- For example: if you have a ethernet connection to your laptop or PC and you named it ieenews, then your hotspot name would be ieenews. And, as for the password is concerned you have to enter a new password which should be 8 digits long. So, hopefully this step is cleared to you.
- After entering this command, This will create a Hotspot but it is currently offline.
STEP 4: Starting Created hotspot and Wireless network without a router using CMD:
netsh wlan start hostednetworkin command prompt to start the hotspot you just created.
- This will start wifi hotspot you just created.
STEP 5: Sharing your laptop or desktop pc home wireless connection.
- This will start wifi hotspot you just created.
- This is the last step and most important one. Here, you have to share your created WI-FI network, so that from your laptop or desktop hotspot you can use Wi-Fi connection on other devices.
- Go to Network sharing then select change adapter settings. Right click on network connection you use to connect to internet and click on properties.
- From properties Go to sharing centre and select allow other network users.
You are done now. WI-FI Network or laptop hotspot is created and you can use it.
STEP 6: Stop create wireless network or Wifi hotspot using CMD Command:
netsh wlan stop hostednetworkin command prompt to stop the hotspot.
STEP 7: Check Status of Wifi Hotspot or wireless netwotk using CMD:
- Type netsh wlan show hostednetwork in command prompt to stop the hotspot.
Setup a Wi-Fi Hotspot Using Virtual Router – Create a Wireless network Without a Router
Virtual Router is a free, open source software based router for PCs running Windows 8, Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2. Using Virtual Router, users can wirelessly share any internet connection (Wifi, LAN, Cable Modem, Dial-up, Cellular, etc.) with any Wifi device (Laptop, Smart Phone, iPod Touch, iPhone, Android Phone, Zune, Netbook, wireless printer, etc.) These devices connect to Virtual Router just like any other access point, and the connection is completely secured using WPA2
Windows has integrated ways to create a Wi-Fi hotspot, but you should probably skip them. The open-source Virtual Router application will work better in most cases. It’s actually just a little interface on top of powerful features built into Windows — features that Windows itself doesn’t expose.
You can give your “virtual” wireless network any name you want, and also set the password to anything. Just make sure the password is at least 8 characters. You can use it in:
- Bus Station
- The Park
- Grandmas House
- The In-Laws
- Absolutely Anywhere!