Degree symbol in word: How to add degree symbol in word. Ever wondered how to type the degree symbol on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch virtual keyboard on iOS? I did too, but not to worry, typing the ° Degree symbol in word is easy and below you will learn How to add degree symbol in word and also shortcut key for degree symbol.
The degree symbol – º – is easy to add to your typed or online work. Since it’s standard for much written work, from recipes and mathematics, to the weather, it’s a handy symbol to know how to make. The traditional way to insert a degree symbol in Word was to go to the Insert tab, and then find the symbol for the degree.
Degree symbol in word shortcut: Typing the ° Degree Symbol
- On PCs – hold down the Alt key and on the numeric keypad on the right of the keyboard, type 0176, or Alt+ 248 When you release the Alt Key, a ° should be there.
- On Macs – option shift 8.
How do I write the degree symbol on word 2010?
- In Word, the built-in shortcut is to hold Ctrl and press the @ key (that is, Ctrl+Shift+2 on a US keyboard),
- release them and press the spacebar.
- The longer way is to click the Insert tab of the ribbon and click Symbol.
How to add degree symbol in word Using Math AutoCorrect
- Click the Microsoft Office Button , and then click Word Options.
- Click Proofing, and then click AutoCorrect Options.
- Click the Math AutoCorrect tab.
- Select the Use Math AutoCorrect rules outside of math regions check box.
- Now scroll down the list until you find the degree symbol.
- In the “Replace” column, you should see degree, and in the “With” column you should see the degree symbol.
- That means when you type degree, Word will replace it with the degree symbol.
- Now All you have to do is type degree in your Word document, and when you press the spacebar it will be converted into a degree symbol.
How to add degree symbol in word 2007? How can I type degree symbol in word 2007
- Go to the “Insert” tab.
- At the right end of the insert ribbon, you will see a button labeled “Symbol”.
- Click on that button.
- The degree symbol is usually in the list of commonly used symbols that appears, but if not, click “More Symbols” to find the degree symbol.
- Click on the desired symbol to insert it into your document.