How to Stop Screen flashing or stop Screen flickering in windows 10
If you are facing display flashing or display flickering problems in windows 10, then you can check what is causing this problem by checking display drivers and incompatible apps in windows 10. The main reason or cause of windows 10 Screen flickering are incompatible apps installed on your windows 10 machine or due to outdated or broken display drivers.
cause of windows 10 screen flickering?: In order to determine that, whether an app or driver is causing the screen flashing or screen flickering problem, check to see if Task Manager flickers. Then, based on that information, you’ll need to either uninstall the app or update the display driver.
[su_box title=”Related windows 10 How to’s” box_color=”#ee9818″]
- How to Create a recovery drive in windows 10.
- How to Change startup settings in Windows 10.
- How to solve windows 10 flashing black screen problem.
- How to Free up drive space in Windows 10 – Disk cleanup and cleaner.
How to Stop Screen flashing by checking task manager – Check to see if Task Manager flickers – Cause of Windows 10 Screen flickering
windows 10 flashing black screen, Cause of Windows 10 Screen flickering, Flickering screen windows 10 fix
- Just open the Task Manager by holding or pressing the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys simultaneously on the keyboard at the same time.
- If this method doesn’t work,
- Just right-click the Start button (also called as windows key) in the lower-left corner of your screen and then select Task Manager.
- Now see If the Task Manager of your windows 10 Pc is flickering or not, and if it is not flickering, then surely an app is probably causing the problem.
- And on the opposite If Task Manager is flickering or flashing, then a display driver is probably causing the problem.
How to uninstall an incompatible app to eradicate Windows 10 Screen flickering or display flashing
Flickering screen windows 10 fix
According to Microsoft support guide there are three apps that are known to cause screen flickering in Windows 10 are:
- Norton AV,
- iCloud, and
- IDT Audio. In most cases, uninstalling these apps will fix the problem. If you have any of these apps installed, use one of these methods to uninstall them.
How to uninstall windows 10 app from Settings
- Open the Settings app by pressing the Windows logo key+I on your keyboard.
- Now go to >System > and then Apps & features.
- Just wait for some seconds as It’ll take a moment for your apps to appear.
- Now you have to Scroll down the list and find the app you want to uninstall.
- Select the app, and then select Uninstall > Uninstall.
- If you want to keep using Norton AV, iCloud, or IDT Audio in Windows 10, go to the app manufacturer’s website for more info on app updates and Windows 10 compatibility.
How to Stop Screen flashing by updating display driver – Update your display driver – Flickering screen windows 10 fix
To update your display driver, you’ll need to start your PC in safe mode, uninstall your current display adapter, and then check for driver updates.
- Start your windows 10 PC in safe mode, then right-click the Start button and select Device Manager.
- Now just see the Display adapters section, right-click the listed adapter, then select Uninstall.
- Now Select the Delete the driver software for this device check box,
- Then select OK and restart your PC.
- After your PC restarts, press the Windows logo key+I on your keyboard to open Settings.
- From Settings, select Update & security > Windows Update > Check for updates.
- If you have multiple display adapters, you’ll need to disable the added adapter (often an Intel HD 400 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) by right-clicking it from the list in Device Manager and selecting Disable > Yes.