How to create a local user account on windows 8 or Windows RT 8.1
Microsoft windows 8 gives you two options to create accounts. You can sign-in to your windows 8 PC by using either Microsoft outlook account or by using a local account. A local account is an account that lets you sign in to only one PC. If you create a local account, you’ll need a separate account for each PC you use. None of your settings will be synced between the Windows 8.1 PCs you use, and you won’t get the benefits of connecting your PC to your files, settings, apps, and services online in the cloud and accessible from anywhere. You also won’t be able to download apps from the Windows Store without a Microsoft account.
To create a local account on windows
create a local account, Create Local Account Windows 8.1, How to Add Users to a Computer, How to create a local user account on windows 8
|1. If you are using a touchscreen device; Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.|
|2. If you’re using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.|
|3. Tap or click Accounts, and then Go to > other accounts.|
|4. Now Tap or click Add an account,|
|5. And then Go to > Sign in without a Microsoft account (not recommended).|
|6. Now Tap or click Local account.|
|7. Now you have to enter a user name for the new account.|
|8. If you want this person to sign in with a password, enter and verify the password, add a password hint, and then tap or click Next.|
|9. Tap or click Finish.|
Also SEE: How to Add a Local User Account in windows
- Windows 10 – Xbox One – Cross-device multiplayer.
- How to take Screenshots on Xbox One Console and share.
- About windows 10? Things and Features you need to know?.
- Microsoft Windows 10 Preview, added features, editions, cost and more.
- How to Show hidden files Windows 7? Hidden windows file and folder.
- How to Stream Xbox One games to Windows 10.
- Find your Wi-Fi password on Mac, Windows and router configuration webpage.
- How to find your wireless network password – if you forgot it.
- How to Upgrade to Windows 10 From Windows 8.1.
- How to Create a Bootable Windows 7 USB Flash Drive or disk drive.
- How to take a screenshot on Windows PC – Different methods.
- How to take a screenshot on Windows PC running Windows 7, 8.
How to create a local user account on windows 8.