How to create a wireless network without a router, How to make a laptop wifi hotspot, How to Turn Laptop Into WiFi Hotspot
It is very easy to create a wireless internet network in windows 7, windows 8 and windows XP. There are two ways to make wireless connection available to all of your devices without using router. Also have a look on this official document for creating wireless network by microsoft. Nowadays most Laptops or desktops are equipped with a Wi-Fi device. The key to the solution lies here only. We will guide you through various process to make a wireless network without Router and a Router-less connectivity among different computers with Windows 7 and Vista. How to create a wireless network without a router.
Setup Wireless Network without a Wireless Router – Accessories you might need for creating a wireless network:
- If your PC or Laptop comes with an internal network adapter than you are ready to go wireless, but if not then you might have to purchase a network card for your Laptop or desktop PC.
- You can buy a USB network adapter which directly connects on your laptop or pc externally and there is no need to open your desktop pc.
- For your desktop pc you can also use a wireless PCI card which you have to install it inside the Desktop PC.
A PCI Wireless Network Card: Get it From Amazon
A USB Wireless Network Card: Get it from here
Build a Wireless Home Network without a Router. If you have all these things, follow the below guidelines to enable and use wireless home Adhoc network for your devices without wireless network router:
How to Create a Wireless Network without Router for windows 7, XP or vista users
Build a Wireless Home Network without a Router, make a laptop wifi hotspot, How to create a wireless network without a router
- Go to > Control Panel, then tap on “Network and Sharing center” settings.
- Now tap on “Set up a connection or Network”.
- Now tap on “Set up a wireless ad-hoc network” and click on it.
- Enter a new name for your Network.
- Give your preferred network name > Select“WPA-2 Personal” security type from the drop down box > and then Put the security key, to secure your network connection with a password. NOTE[i]:
- You can also choose your network type as “WEP”. Give a preferred network name and chose the “Security type”as “WEP”. NOTE[ii]
- Similarly open this network from other home computers opted to join this network. Click to join the ad-hoc network and enjoy massive wireless connectivity without the presence of a router.
How to create a wireless network without a router.
- [i] : You security key must be 8-64 character. You can use 0-09 in the security key. Remember that the key is case sensitive. Now click on “Next”. In the upcoming window click on “Turn on Internet connection sharing”.
How to create a wireless network without a router.
- [ii] Remember that in “WEP” the security key should be 5 or 13 alpha-numeric character. If you wish to use this network again in future, save this network name and hit the “Next”button. Your Network has been created.
Also SEE: How to create a wireless network without a router in windows, make a laptop wifi hotspot
- Windows 10 – Xbox One – Cross-device multiplayer.
- How to take Screenshots on Xbox One Console and share.
- About windows 10? Things and Features you need to know?.
- Microsoft Windows 10 Preview, added features, editions, cost and more.
- How to Show hidden files Windows 7? Hidden windows file and folder.
- How to Stream Xbox One games to Windows 10.
- Find your Wi-Fi password on Mac, Windows and router configuration webpage.
- How to find your wireless network password – if you forgot it.
- How to Upgrade to Windows 10 From Windows 8.1.
- How to Create a Bootable Windows 7 USB Flash Drive or disk drive.
- How to take a screenshot on Windows PC – Different methods.
- How to take a screenshot on Windows PC running Windows 7, 8.
- make a laptop wifi hotspot. Build a Wireless Home Network without a Router.
How to make a laptop wifi hotspot. How to Make Your Computer A Hotspot.
Create Wireless Network without Router for windows 8 or 8.1 users – make a laptop wifi hotspot
Build a Wireless Home Network without a Router, make a laptop wifi hotspot, Laptop WiFi Hotspot Windows 7, how to create hotspot in laptop using cmd, how to create hotspot in windows 7 using cmd, how to create hotspot in windows 8 using cmd, how to start hotspot using cmd
|1. Open Command Prompt or CMD with administrator privileges.|
|2. For creating wireless network on pc using Command prompt run the following command to check whether your system supports it or not.|
|3. The command is:- netsh wlan show drivers.NOTE: If the reply is ‘yes’ from hosted network in command prompt then you can create a wireless network using cmd.|
|4. use the following command to create the networknetsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=<enter_network_name_here> key=<enter_password_here>|
|5. You can use any network name and password here.|
|6. You have created your wireless network using command prompt and now, you have to start that network:using this command netsh wlan start hostednetwork|
|7. The last thing is you have to enable Internet connection firewall (ICF):|
|8. Go to Network sharing centre and open properties of network and enable sharing in sharing tab.
Build a Wireless Home Network without a Router
How to create a wireless network without a router, Build a Wireless Home Network without a Router.