How to download apps on Apple TV 4th generation, 3rd Generation? The latest Apple TV runs a new operating system called tvOS complete with its own App Store. Finally, you can enjoy awesome Apple-curated apps from the comfort of your living room. If you already have a sizable collection of iOS apps, you can’t just port them over to your Apple TV. The new TV app lets you see all your favorites in one place. And now you can watch live sports just by asking Siri. How to download apps on Apple TV 4th generation, 3rd Generation
The easiest way to download apps on the Apple TV is right from the Featured section.
- Open Up App Store app from your Apple Tv Home screen.
- Go to Featured tab on your apple tv
- Now go to an app you want to download to your apple tv
- Tap or select the app.
- Click on Get for free, or the price for paid apps. button
- Now just tap or select Buy to confirm.
You can also see the full description of apple TV apps if you want to.
- To do that, just Swipe up to see the description.
- Now just tap or Click on highlighted description to make it full.
- Now if you want to go back Click on the Menu button on the Siri Remote, it will take you the app page
If you want to see Apple tv App screenshots, you can easily do that as well.
- Now you have to Swipe down to highlight a screenshot.
- Just tap on highlighted screenshot, a full screen will open.
- Now you can Swipe right or left to switch between the screenshots.
- Now if you want to go back Click on the Menu button on the Siri Remote, it will take you the app page.
How to launch apps on Apple TV
You can just launch Apple TV apps from Apple TV Home screen. Swipe up, down, left, or right on the touchpad to get the app you want to launch. Click on the app to launch it.
How to re-download deleted Apple Tv apps
#1: Open App Store app on Apple TV.
#2: Go to the Purchased tab on your apple tv.
#3: Go to an app you want to download.
#4: Click on the app icon.
#5 Click the Download from iCloud button to restore the purchase.
Search apps on Apple TV
If you can’t find an app on Apple TV in featured app section, then you have to search it:
#1: Open App Store app on your apple tv.
#2: Swipe over to the Search tab.
#3: Now you have to Swipe down to the virtual keyboard.
#4: Now enter the name of the Apple tv app you want to find.
#5: Now go to the app you want to download .
#6: Tap on the app.
#7: Click Buy to confirm.
How to delete apps from Apple TV Home screen
From Apple TV Home screen:
Step 1: select the app that you wish to delete and click and hold the Touch surface to enter wiggle mode
Step 2: press the Play/Pause button on your Apple TV remote
Step 3: highlight the delete option, and click the Touch surface to confirm app deletion
From Apple TV using the Settings app
Step 1: open the Settings app
Step 2: click General
Step 3: click Manage Storage under the Usage heading
Step 4: click the trash can icon next to the apps that you wish to delete
Step 5: click Delete to confirm
How to force-quit Apple TV app
Step 1: Press the Home button on the remote to return to the Apple TV’s Home screen.
Step 2: Now double press the Home button to invoke the app switcher.
Step 3: Highlight an app by swiping left and right on the remote’s Touch surface.
Step 4: Swipe up on the Touch surface to force-quit the selected app.
Step 5: To exit the app switcher and return to the Home screen, simply press the Home button on the remote.
Arrange apps on Apple TV Home screen
#1: Highlight the app that you want to move.
#2: On Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote,* hold down the Touch surface until the app starts to jiggle. On other remotes, hold down Select.
#3: On Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote, swipe left, right, up, or down. On other remotes, press Left, Right, Up, or Down.
#4: When you’re finished, press the Touch surface or press Select.
#5: Repeat these steps to move other apps.
Delete or hide Apple Tv apps
On Apple TV (4th generation), you can delete apps. On Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), you can hide them. Just highlight the app and hold down the Touch surface or Select until the app starts to jiggle. Then press the Play/Pause button and choose Delete or Hide.
If you want to add an app back to the Home screen:
- On Apple TV (4th generation), open the App Store, go to your previous purchases, and download the app again.
- On Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), you can unhide apps from Settings > Main Menu.