Update: Everyone can enable Whatsapp 2 step verification
To enable WhatsApp’s two-factor authentication, you need to follow these steps:
- Open WhatsApp (duh!)
- Go to Settings
- Go to Account
- Look for Two-step verification
- Tap on Enable
- On the next screen, enter six-digit passcode.
- Next, re-enter six-digit passcode.
- Optionally, add your email address on the next screen.
- If you are using WhatsApp’s beta version then it is available for you.
- This New two step Authentication Whatsapp security feature is now available fpr Android and Windows Mobile beta users.
- Whatsapp Two-step verification Security measure will be rolled out to all WhatsApp users in the near future.
Turn on Two Step Authentication on WhatsApp Android For Beta Users
WhatsApp new two-step verification is optional. The company assures that once two-step verification enabled, any attempt to verify phone number on WhatsApp will require the six-digit passcode that is created by the user.
Whatsapp two-step verification feature is Currently available only for Android and Windows beta users. If you are using a Whatsapp Beta app On Android phone running version 2.16.341 or above, you will be able to enable the two-step verification. And, if you are running a 2.16.280 version of WhatsApp beta user on our Windows 10 Mobile , then can enable the security feature on your WhatApp.
Just follow the below steps in order to set up and Turn on two-step verification for WhatsApp, Enable Two Step Verification on WhatsApp:
STEP #1: Open WhatsApp on your android or windows phone.
STEP #2: Now Go to Settings
STEP #3: Go to Account Settings.
STEP #4: Now Go to > Two-step verification
STEP #5: Just click or select on Enable
STEP #6: Now enter six-digit passcode.
STEP #7: Confirm your six-digit passcode.
STEP #8:Optionally, add your email address on the next screen.
STEP #9: WhatsApp sometimes asks for an email address to link with your account. Althogh this step is optional, but you should set it up , because in case you forgot your WhatsApp six-digit passcode, WhatsApp will use this email address to send a link via email to disable two-step verification.
NOTE: If you forget the six-digit passcode, WhatsApp won’t permit re-verifying the account within seven days of last using WhatsApp. the WhatsApp team explains.