Several people have asked me how to pass avi files to the VLC on iPad through iTunes. It’s a recurring doubt: how to pass photos, comics, documents … I’ll explain in this post that, really, could have a more generic title: How to add files through iTunes to the different apps installed on your device.
How to play AVI movies on Apple iPhone 5/5s/6/6 plus.
So, the reason you are here is, you want to play movies on iPhone. I don’t know which iPhone do you have but it doesn’t matter. Because in this article I will show you the steps for playing videos or movies of all formats on your iPhone.
- How to play video in shareit in iphone – how to put movies on iphone
- AVI Movies: How to put movies on iPhone using VLC for iOS By VideoLAN
- How to Manually Pair or sync Apple watch and iPhone
- Apple iPhone mini, when it would arrive
- Apple iPhone 7 Rumors: A Curved iPhone 7
- iPhone 7: It will be the Best or the Worst?
- Apple to keep iPhone 7 headphone socket petition goes viral
How to play video formats which are not compatible with iTunes and Apple iPhone and iPad (iPhone 6/ iPhone 6 Plus/ iPhone 5/ iPhone 5s/ iPhone 4s/iPhone 4/iPad). Because the AVI, MKV, X264, XVID and MOV are the most used video formats for full movies, but due to limitations of Apple devices(iPhone 6/ iPhone 6 Plus/ iPhone 5/ iPhone 5s/ iPhone 4s/iPhone 4/iPad) you cannot play these video formats.
In order to play these (AVI, MKV, X264, XVID and MOV) video formats on Apple iPhone and iPhone devices you first have to convert these video formats into MP4 format which is little bit lengthy process. And sometimes it takes hour’s to convert a HD AVI movie to MP4 video format.
So to transfer and to play these video formats (AVI, MKV, X264, XVID and MOV) on iPhone you have to download VLC app from iTunes store and install on it you device. After that you have to follow these steps to watch AVI files on iPhone and iPad.
|Download VLC app from here in iTunes store to make your iPhone compatible to play all video formats without converting avi files.|
Step 1: How to play (AVI, MKV, X264, XVID and MOV) on iPhone and iPad.
- Download VLC player for iPhone And iPad from iTunes store.
- Install VLC player on your apple device.
Step 2: How to play AVI movies on Apple iPhone 5/5s/6/6 plus.
- Open the VLC player on your iPhone and click on VLC logo which is on the left side.
Step 3: How to play AVI movies on Apple iPhone 5/5s/6/6 plus.
- After clicking on it select the Wi-Fi upload option which will turn orange after you selected it.
Step 4: How to play AVI movies on Apple iPhone 5/5s/6/6 plus.
- Note the Wi-Fi upload address (e.g. 168.0.101) and enter it in your browser.
Step 5: How to play AVI movies on Apple iPhone 5/5s/6/6 plus.
- You will see two options to upload the AVI files (which you want to play) by dragging it to the window or by clicking add (+) sign.
Step 6: How to play AVI movies on Apple iPhone 5/5s/6/6 plus.
- Note that both the iPhone and the Pc or Laptop whatever you have should be connected to same Wi-Fi network.
Step 7: How to play AVI movies on Apple iPhone 5/5s/6/6 plus.
- After completing these steps, you will see your (video, movies or files) in ALL Files library.
You might be thinking which video formats are compatible and I which file formats I will be able to play on my iPad or Apple iPhone 5/5s/6/6 plus.
Video formats which you can play on your Apple iPhone 5/5s/6/6 plus and iPad without converting it and without using iTunes.
|1. AVI.||2. MKV.|
|3. X264.||4. XVID|
|5. MOV||6. MP4|
How to pass videos to VLC on iPad with iTunes
First of all, you must have installed the VLC app for iOS . No matter what an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch, since the application is universal for all three devices. You can download it from here: VLC for iOS .
Steps to follow
– Connect iPad / iPhone / iPod Touch to computer and open iTunes
– Select your iPad / iPhone / iPod Touch
– In the sidebar on the left you will see your device, select it.
1) If you do not see the sidebar on the left as it appears in the photo, click on the menu bar Display and Show Sidebar. This is how it looks on my MAC
2) Click the Apply button. (Applications) from the top
3) Select the VLC
– Drag the video files to the window, just like in the photo
– Or press add and select the videos on the computer through Windows Explorer or the MAC Finder
– Copy the files to the device by pressing synchronize or apply. Make sure they’re on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch.
How to play AVI on iPhone
AVI refers to Audio Video Interleaved, a multimedia format compatible with video and streaming audio. As AVI is not the default format for Apple devices and applications, it can not be played on iPhone, not even on the newly released iPhone 6/6 Plus. The good news is that there are some methods you can use to convert files to MOV / MP4 or other supported formats. I recommend some tricks to convert AVI files to MP4, MOV and others compatible with iPhone, and I will also show you how to transfer them easily.
Convert AVI to iPhone on Windows OS
The Free Online Converter is an online web based application that you can use to convert an AVI file to MP4 or MOV free and at extreme speed. In addition, this program provides a cross-platform compatible solution, which means it can be used on Mac OS as well. However, the online method may be network restricted. Assuming you have a stable internet connection and just want to convert some quick clips, you can have a look here . If you want to avoid this limitation and convert great videos at any time, especially without Internet, professional desktop software is right for you.
One of the programs that work best on Windows OS is the Apowersoft Video Converter. This professional software allows you to convert an AVI file to MP4 without loss of quality. It can help you professionally convert AVI videos to formats compatible with iPhone, iMove, iTunes, Android, websites, etc. Based on an interactive and concise interface, this program is simple for everyone. Here are some details on how to view AVI files on iPhone.
- Download and install the software and run it on your computer.
- Click “Add Files” in the upper left corner to load the AVI file you want to convert.
- Navigate to the “Profile” field at the bottom and click to expand the profile list, choose “Apple” and select “iPhone” as the output format.
- When finished, go to “Output” and customize your output format.
- After these steps, click the “Convert” button to start the conversion.
- Wait a minute and the video will be quickly converted and saved to your PC.
Explore valuable features to use this tool:
- This software provides many video / audio formats, such as MP4, 3GP, MOV, MP3, OGG, etc., you can choose the desired according to your needs.
- If you intend to play a file on iPhone, you can convert batch videos and merge them into a single file.
- It allows you to turn off the computer after the conversion so that you can exit without a doubt.
- The program is more than a video converter, which also allows you to edit the video by trimming, adjusting effects, adding subtitles and watermarks, etc.
Convert AVI to iPhone on Mac OS
If you’re working with Mac, Apowersoft’s Mac Video Converter is a great conversion tool designed to cover a wide variety of audio / video formats on Mac. What makes this converter stand out from the rest is the unique solution for Mac Video conversion, which allows you to convert the AVI format file to many popular device formats and applications like iMovie, iTunes, iPhone, iPad, PSP etc, and retain the best quality of converted files.
Using this software is very simple, the following steps will give you detailed instructions for playing AVI on iPhone.
1 Run the program and add a file.
Similar to the Video Converter in Windows, you will need to install and run the software on your Mac. Press the “Add” button to import the AVI file.
2 Choose the format and adjust the parameters.
You can also choose the option “to Apple”, a particular panel that allows you to adjust the parameters (codec, number of frames, channels, etc) of the video, appears on the right side of the interface. Keep the settings intact if you do not have special needs to customize the video.
3 Confirm the settings and start the conversion.
When ready, press the “OK” and “Save” button to confirm the settings. Once the basic steps have been completed, click the “Convert” button and wait a bit, the converted file will be automatically stored on your Mac.
This converter also has some options that set you apart from others: you can use it as a great video detector and downloader. Click the “Downloader” button at the top half of this program and paste the URL of the video you want to download from the Internet. Press the “OK” button and the video will download quickly on your Mac.
How to transfer video from PC to your iPhone6 / 6 Plus?
After converting the AVI file to the format compatible with iPhone, the next question is how to transfer that converted file to iPhone. The process is simple with the help of the Apowersoft Mobile Manager . I will give you a quick guide to use it to transfer and play AVI on iPhone.
- Go to the website of this Phone Manager and download the program. to download
- Install the application and run it on your PC.
- Connect the iPhone 6 using the USB or Wi-Fi cable.
- Access the main interface of the tool and press the “Videos” button.
- After clicking the “Import” button you can upload the converted videos to your iPhone.
These recommended tricks can help you play the converted videos on your iPhone. You can choose the form that best suits your computer system. After the conversion process, transfer the file to your iPhone and enjoy the video!