Printing from your iPhone can be tricky at first. You’ll have to conduct a bit of research in order to discover the best printing solution for your needs. After all, you don’t want to waste money on something if it isn’t going to work for you. But by consulting the advice in this article, you should have no trouble finding a way to print from an iPhone.
AirPrint is the best way to print directly from your iPhone or iPad. Many printers come with AirPrint technology and can be added to your wireless network. However, if your older printer does not come with AirPrint technology or you choose to use a USB cord for your printer, both methods will allow you to print without the need for wires.
Once you’ve thought about the content you want to print, the type of printer that’s best for you, the size that you’ll need, and where it will be used, it’s time to consider how it will be printed. It’s much easier than you may think. All you have to do is follow a few easy steps on your iPhone to start printing from your smartphone.
Some ways to print from your iPhone, iPad or iPad Touch:
Print from your iPhone, iPad or iPad Touch Using AirPrint
Check that if your printer is AirPrint enabled. Most of the big manufacturers like Samsung, HP, Epson, Brother, and Canon make AirPrint enabled printer.
Open any app on your Apple iPhone or iPad device where you want to print from. For example, if you are browsing a webpage and you want to print that page using AirPrint feature, then, just click on share button.
After clicking on Share button, click on PRINT tab and then select AirPrint from given options to print from your Apple iPhone.
Then Tap on ‘Select Printer’.
Choose an ‘Airprint enabled Printer’.
Select number of pages or all pages you want to print from iphone and then click print to start printing.
AirPrint technology is same for all devices and for all apps. Airprint is very easy to use and fast to print from your Apple iOS devices like iPhone iPad or iPad touch.
NOTE: Make sure that both your iOS apple device and printer are connected to same Wi-Fi Network.
Print from your iPhone, iPad or iPad Touch Using Google Cloud Print
Download Google Chrome, google cloud print only works if chrome is installed on your iPhone.
Check that if your printer is Google cloud print enabled. Most of the big manufacturers like Samsung, HP, Epson, Brother, and Canon make Google cloud print enabled printers.
Open any app on your Apple iPhone or iPad device where you want to print from. For example, if you are browsing a webpage and you want to print that page using Google cloud print feature, then, just click on share button.
After clicking on Share button, click on PRINT tab and then select Google cloud Print from given options to print from your Apple iPhone.
Then Tap on ‘Select Printer’.
Choose ‘Google cloud print enabled Printer’.
Select number of pages or all pages you want to print from iPhone and then click print to start printing.
NOTE: If you couldn’t find any printers you can also save your document to google drive and can print it later from any other device.
Print from your iPhone, iPad or iPad Touch Using Third party apps:
Print from Hp ePrint app
- Download and install HP eprint from iTunes store and open it on your iOS device.
- It will ask you for Email registration.
- Just follow the simple steps and complete the registration process to start using HP ePrint app on your Apple iOS device.
- You can add printers to it or connect to already added printers, but make sure that you are connected to same Wi-Fi network
- You will see four tabs Photos, Web, Email and cloud.
- Select photos tab if you want to print photos from your iPhone
- Tap on Web tab if you want to share a webpage from your Apple iOS device.
- Click on Email and it will ask you to your email account like Yahoo, Gmail, Outlook, and Hotmail. Then click on add email ad enter your details to start printing from your iPhone using third party app HP ePrint.
- Print from your phone over Wi-Fi, via the Internet to an HP ePrint printer, or directly to HP wireless direct supported printers.
• Print to convenient HP Public Print Locations, like print/copy stores, hotels, and airport lounges.Select and print photos and content from the cloud via Evernote, Box.net, Dropbox, and more, as well as via your email and the web. Supports most major file types (Microsoft Office documents, web pages, email attachments, photos, PDF and text files).
Canon Mobile Printer
– Quickly and easily set paper sizes.
– Print up to 20 images at one time.
– Start the camera and print a photograph you have just taken.
– Display and print web pages.
– Link to a wide variety of applications and print files.
– You can recreate the original layout of a Microsoft Office file by correcting the layout with the Data Conversion Service on the internet.
– Perform high speed printing with PDF direct printing.*
– Configure detailed print settings such as color mode, number of pages, and 2-sided printing.
– Automatically detect printers on a network, or search manually by specifying the IP address/DNS.
– Display in the app the optimum print settings according to the options attached to multi-function devices and printers.
– Store print data in multi-function printers and printers (not supported by all printers).
– Perform secure printing that requires a user name and password when printing.
Print from your iPhone, iPad or iPad Touch Using E-Mail:
Email printing technology is same for all devices and for all apps. Email printing is very easy to use and fast to print from your Apple iOS devices like iPhone iPad or iPad touch.
Samsung, HP, Epson, Brother, and Canon all support email printing feature, you just have to connect your printer to same Wi-Fi network and enable email printing feature. Email printing from your iPhone to printers varies. Like if you have HP printer then you have to follow these steps:
Go to > HP ePrintCenter account and create a new account.
Login Add your printer to your ePrintCenter account.
Enter your printer claiming code, it can be found on the info sheet that printed out when you first enabled its web services during setup.
Note, if you can’t find your printers code then you have to reprint the info sheet from your HP printer display panel. Check out this official document from HP, how to print HP printer Claiming code.
After entering code Click OK and now you are all setup to use email printing from your iPhone or iPad.
Hopefully, you now have a better understanding of how easy it is to print from your iPhone, whether you’re using AirPrint or a third party print app. This goes for iPads as well—they have the same functionality and can be used the same way to print wirelessly or through a USB connection. Either way, it’s nice to know that you have multiple options for printing on your iPhone or iPad!