VLC for iOS is a media player for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. It can play all your movies, shows and music in most formats directly without conversion. It allows file synchronization with Dropbox, GDrive, OneDrive, Box, iCloud Drive, iTunes, direct downloads and through WiFi sharing. Some of the features of VLC player are:
- Play all files, in all formats, including exotic ones, like classic VLC media player.
- Play MKV, multiple audio tracks (including 5.1), and subtitles tracks (including SSA!).
- Support for network streams, including HLS, MMS or RTSP.
- Include video filters, playback speed manipulation, and fine seeking.
- A media library, with WiFi Uploads & Downloads, Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud Drive, OneDrive & Box.com integration and optional passcode lock.
- Web Interface for easy uploads and downloads to/from device.
- Integration for bluetooth headsets and AirPlay.
- Local Network service discovery with UPnP and native support for Plex
- On-the-fly audio and subtitles track synchronization
- Supports iOS 6.1 or later
- Full 64bit support on latest iPhone and latest iPad
- Completely free, libre and open source.
How to play (AVI, MKV, X264, XVID and MOV) on iPhone and iPad How to play avi movies on iPhone
|Download VLC app from here in iTunes store to make your iPhonecompatible to play all video formats without converting avi files.|
- Download VLC player for iPhone And iPad from iTunes store.
- Install VLC player on your apple device.
- Open the VLC player on your iPhone and click on VLC logo which is on the left side.
- After clicking on it select the Wi-Fi upload option which will turn orange after you selected it.
- Note the Wi-Fi upload address (e.g. 168.0.101) and enter it in your browser.
- You will see two options to upload the AVI files (which you want to play) by dragging it to the window or by clicking add (+) sign.
- Note that both the iPhone and the Pc or Laptop whatever you have should be connected to same Wi-Fi network.
- After completing these steps, you will see your (video, movies or files) in ALL Files library.
You need help with VLC for iOS? Be sure to check Vlc forum.
You can find the source code for the last release here: