In order for anyone to connect to our Chromecast without connecting to our Wi-Fi network, we only have to open the Chromecast app ( version +1.9 ), go to the Devices section , select the Chromecast that we want to configure and activate the new mode Guests . Once activated the application will show the current four-digit PIN .
You will only have to connect to our Chromecast practically as they would if they were connected to our WiFi network. Thanks to geolocation devices will detect that there is a Chromecast nearby and will show the Cast button in their applications. When you press Cast, you will be asked to use the microphone to connect through ultrasonic authentication. If ultrasonic authentication fails, the application will ask to manually enter the four digits of the PIN.
If you’re familiar with guest mode, then you probably know how to get it set up. However, there are several ways to do so depending on whether you’re using an iOS or Android device. Guest mode is a way of setting up your Chromecast device so that other devices can use the Chromecast without having to access your Wi-Fi network.
The advantage to this is that a person doesn’t have to give out their Wi-Fi password in order to use the Chromecast. Guest mode works by adding the Google Cast app, which allows users to find and connect to the device from any Android or iOS device.
How to Setup chromecast guest mode and how it works on Android
Using Google Chromecast Guest mode on your Android phone makes the process easier for users to play or cast videos, music without connecting to your Wi-Fi network. So, if your friends are not connected to same Wi-Fi network, but they still want to use your chromecast device to play videos on your TV, Chromecast guest mode feature is the answer.
Chromcast Guest Mode usage:
- Using chromecast Guest mode keeps your Wi-Fi password safe, as, you don’t have to share your Wi-Fi password with other people because by using Guest mode they can cast from their android devices.
- All the Guests will see the Cast icon in Google cast ready apps on their android devices when the Guest mode is kept to be enabled. Also, if they are not connected to Wi-Fi network they still be able to see that Cast icon on their android devices in Google cast ready apps.
How to Setup chromecast guest mode on Android devices:
- In the first step just check that chromecast is connected to Wi-Fi network and everything is working fine. Move to the second step.
- In the second step in order to setup or enable guest mode on your Android devices like LG G2 or LG G3 and iOS devices like iPhone 6, iPhone 6 plus, iPhone 5s, first open the Chromecast app.
- After opening the Chromecast app Go to > Devices tab.
NOTE: It’s up to you whether you want to turn on the guest mode feature. It is very easy to turn it on and off. In order to Change or manage the settings of chromecast guest mode you have to be connected to Same Wi-Fi network. Guest mode only supports Android devices running Android 4.3 or higher and iOS devices (iPhone or iPad) running iOS 7 or iOS 8 or higher.
Steps for How to Setup chromecast guest mode and how it works on Android
|1. First open the Chromecast app.||2. Go to > Devices tab.|
|3. Go to > Guest mode > turn it ON.
|4. Click on nearby devices.|
|5. Automatic audio pairing.||6. Enter the 4-digit pin on your TV.|