Now, you can find your iPhone if its stolen or lost. Just connect iCloud and activate Find My iPhone service. This iCloud service tracks your lost iPhone in no time. Follow the instructions in this article to find your phone. Not only you can track it but also can erase data from the phone.
iCloud is a great relief to get back lost mobile phone. To use this facility of Apple you have to turn ON two step verification that is an advanced security feature of apple iphone. You only need to sign into iCloud using the web browser on any Apple device and logged in with an appropriate Apple ID account before turning on two step verification process.
How to track a stolen iphone without icloud and tracking app
- Activation Lock helps you keep your device secure, even if it’s in the wrong hands, and can improve your chances of recovering it. You can also prevent activation of a device that’s already in someone else’s possession.
- Lost Mode locks your device with a passcode and can display a custom message and contact phone number right on the Lock Screen. While in Lost Mode, your device can keep track of where it has been and report back so you can view its recent location history, right from the Find My iPhone app.
- Your Apple ID is the account that you use to access all Apple services and make all of your devices work together seamlessly.
- Find My Friends lets you easily locate friends and family using your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Just install the app and share your location with your friends by choosing from your contacts, entering their email addresses or phone numbers, or using AirDrop.
- Parents can also use these tracking apps for to track children.
Track a stolen or lost iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch Using ‘Find My iPhone‘
- First install the ‘Find My iPhone’ app on an iOS devices or on a Mac. You can download ‘Find My iPhone‘ from the App Store if you don’t have it.
- Open the ‘Find My iPhone‘ app on an iOS device or on a Mac.
- You will be asked to log in again, as a security precaution. Re-enter our Apple password.
- Click on the Devices button at the top of the screen. You can add any iOS device to your Apple ID to use it with ‘Find My iPhone’. If the phone has been switched off then this will not be able to show your iPhone current location. Instead it will show the last known location of your iOS device.
- Display a message with your alternative contact number on your lost or stolen iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. So that, if iPhone 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 6 and 6 plus, iPad and iPod touch they can contact and call you from your device without having access to other information.
- Remote erase your iOS devices so that no one can access your important data and information on your iOS device.
- Activate lock and ringtone, so that no one can access your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch if it’s stolen or lost. This can help you keep your device secure, even if it’s in the wrong hands.
- Track location of your device while in lost mode, it can keep track of location of your iOS device for last 24 hours. You can use the ‘Find My iPhone’ on your iOS device or log in to iCloud.com to see your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch location on Map.
As you can see, it is not that difficult to track your stolen phone. The biggest challenge is knowing how to do it. If your iPhone is stolen or lost then you should contact the police and report the theft as a crime. Once they get involved they will want evidence that the phone was stolen, so you will have to give them access to the iCloud account of the owner of the phone.
Now if you are the owner of the iPhone and have its serial then you can log in to your iCloud account and track your stolen iPhone so its location appears on a map. This map can help you be more informed on where your iPhone is located and where did it go.
It also help law enforcement agencies find your iPhone but you should remember that without a warrant they will not be able to access the contents of your iPhone such as SMS messages, emails etc.
Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod touch Location services Guide:
- How to Disable photo or camera Geotagging on iPhone and iPad.
- How to deactivate or Turn off GPS tracking on iPhone and iPad.
- How to turn on GPS on the iPhone.
- How to track a stolen iphone without icloud and tracking app.
- Track Your lost iOS device Using ‘Find My iPhone’ app.
- How to track your lost iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Mac.