How to transfer data from your old iPhone to your new iPhone using iTunes
As far as i know, itunes is the faster, easier and secure way to restore and backup your iPhone 4, 4s, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, iPod touch, or iPad data. Just make sure that you have updated your iTunes store to Latest version. Restoring iOS or iPod software deletes all your data and content from your device, including songs, videos, contacts, photos, and calendar info. How to transfer data from your old iPhone to your new iPhone using iTunes.
If you backup your iPhone 4, 4s, 5s, 6, 6 Plus, iPad, or iPod touch in the past, you’ll have a copy of your information to use if your device is ever replaced, lost, or damaged. Backups let you transfer data from your last device to your new one and helps in restoring your iOS device.
- Turn on or Power on your iPhone or iPad Screen. On welcome screen Just Slide your finger to move further.
- Now choose your iOS device ‘preferred language‘ from the available list .
- Select the country or region and make it default.
- Iphone setup assistant will ask you to select a Wi-Fi network you can also choose Use Cellular but only few things will be restored on your iOS device without Wi-Fi connection. You can fully restore your iPhone or iPad after connecting to a Wi-Fi network.
- Select ‘Restore from iTunes backup’.
- If your iOS device is not connected to your Computer. Connect it now.
- Follow the instructions and go to most recent backup to Backup or restore your iPhone or iPad data.
Two ways to restore or backup your iPhone or iPad data
Apple provides two ways to restore or backup your iOS device data. You can choose and decide which is the best for you. Each methods have some restrictions on it and are different from each other. Just look at it:
- If you are using iCloud, it Stores backups in the cloud and you can access it anywhere
- Space or Free memory usage is up 5GB after that you have to pay. Although, it provides storage upto 1TB but with Paid subscription.
- Always encrypts your backups and keeps it safe.
- Lets you create backups and restore backups again on your iPhone or iPad from anywhere with Wi-Fi
- If you are using iCloud, it Stores backups on your Mac or PC
- Storage depends on your Mac or PC’s available space.
- It doesn’t Always encrypts your backups but you can turn on encrypt backups feature.
- Lets you create backups and restore backups again on your iPhone or iPad from you Mac or PC only.
iCloud and iTunes Backup and Restore Guide for iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch – :
- How to manually back up to iCloud on iOS 7 and iOS 8.
- How to transfer data from your old iPhone to your new iPhone using iTunes.
- How to Backup or restore data in iCloud and iTunes on iPhone and iPad.
- How to Setup your iPhone 4, 5, and 6 Plus As new.
- How to restore your iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad from an iCloud backup.
- How to set up your new iPhone 4, 5, and 6 Plus or iPad.
- How to set up your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus as new.
- How to restore your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus from an existing backup
- How to retrieve deleted text messages on iPhone.
How to transfer data from your old iPhone to your new iPhone using iTunes.
Also see apple official documents:
how to transfer data from iphone4 to iphone 5 using itunes, how to transfer data from itunes to iphone 6, how to transfer data from itunes to iphone 4, how to transfer data from old iphone to new iphone without icloud, how to transfer everything from one iphone to another.