How to turn on Bluetooth in Windows 8.1
Go to the top right of your PC and open the Charms bar . Open the Settings option and select PC Settings . In the new window that you will see, select the category PC and devices . This part is the function of Bluetooth . Turn on the Bluetooth option and have your computer start looking for peripherals around it.
Share files over Bluetooth in Windows 8
How to turn on Bluetooth in Windows 8.1, Enable Bluetooth on Windows 10? Bluetooth technology allows the transfer of content between devices wirelessly. Currently most devices (mobile phones, tablets, PCs) have this technology, although in some (iPhone, iPad) Bluetooth is limited only to the use of accessories (headphones).
In Windows 8 to send and receive files via Bluetooth, you must first add the device you want to share with the PC. Let’s look at this step by step:
- In Windows 8, move the cursor to the upper right corner of the screen and select “Settings” in the sidebar that appears, then click “Change PC Settings”
- Click “Devices> Add a Device”
- Windows will scan for nearby devices that have Bluetooth (make sure Bluetooth is turned on and the visibility option on the device you want to share)
- Select device
- Check that the code on the screen is the same as the one on the device and click “Yes” (the device must also confirm the code and accept Bluetooth access). Once finished, the device has been added to the computer.
Send a file via Bluetooth
- Simply right click on the file and select “Send to> Bluetooth Device”
- Select the device and click “Next”
- The device must accept file transfer
Receive a file via Bluetooth
- Access the Desktop and in the taskbar click the small arrow to the left of the clock, then click on the Bluetooth icon and select “Receive a file”. The computer is ready to receive a file
- Once the file is sent from the other device, the transfer will start.
- Finally, click “Finish” to save the file to the folder that appears by default or click “Browse” to choose another folder.
How to turn on Bluetooth in Windows 8.1, Enable Bluetooth on Windows 10