Programming Languages that you must learn in 2017? There are many programming languages. If you still do not know which one to choose, these two criteria could help you: demand or popularity and the project (what do you want to program first?). Each language has its particular uses as well as advantages and disadvantages.You have to know what you want to achieve with the new coding skills.
To paraphrase Linus Torvalds, good programmers have fun stinging code.
Each month TIOBE offers a ranking of popularity of programming languages. How? According to search engines (Google …) and pages like Wikipedia, Amazon and YouTube. The index can be used to check if your programming skills are still up to date or to make a strategic decision about which programming language to adopt when you start developing new software.
In addition to popularity, certain quality indicators must be taken into account. According to TIOBE, the proverb “the proof of pudding is that it eats” applies perfectly to the quality of the software. Which is determined by: Programming Languages that you must learn in 2017
- The number of defects found after release
- The severity of these defects
- The effort required to resolve these defects
According to the ISO 25010 standard related to software quality, there are 8 main factors: Programming Languages that you must learn in 2017
- Functional adaptation.
- Performance efficiency. The performance relative to the amount of resources used under certain conditions.
- Compatibility. The extent to which two or more systems or components can exchange information and / or perform their functions while sharing the same hardware or software environment.
- Ability to maintain. The degree of effectiveness and efficiency with which the product can be modified.
The most popular programming languages according to TIOBE ( 2017 ) were:
Programming languages that you must learn in 2017
Programming language jobs are growing and the programming jobs are projected to grow. According to a survey done by United States Bureau of labour, in the next 7 years this job sector will definitely have a growth of over 8%. An average pay of a good coder is about $320 per hour may be more or less.
Programming languages that you must learn in 2015
|4. C# ||5. PHP ||6. C++ |
|7. Python||8. SQL||9. Objective C|
|10. Ruby||11. Perl||12. Asp.Net|
|13. VB||14. Swift||15. R language|
|16. Scala||17. Assembly||18. MATLAB|
As a student many will wander which language will be the best one to choose or which is the best programming language to study to make your career successful. Students always like to choose a language which is in higher demand in the job sector. Below are some of the Programming languages which are in demand and likely to be grow popular in the future. Read below:-
How these Programming languages are useful? And why these languages are popular?
Java was developed by Sun Microsystems, later acquired by Oracle Corporation is an object oriented language. Java is used on cross platforms and provides system for developing applications.
Why to learn java and its advantages:-
- Java is one of the most popular language to develop Android platform apps.
- Java is used for building back-ends for web applications.
- It is used in both android tablets and smartphones.
- Java is used everywhere from small electronic appliances to large ones.
- It is a part of every modern gadget.
- And it is very easy to learn and code. Plenty of online resources are available to learn it like – Learn java online
Java supports multiple platforms, and each platform is for different devices. The different platforms that java supports are:-
- Java card – It is used to develop smart cards and small storage or memory devices.
- Java ME – It is a micro edition. Java ME is used to develop low storage devices, with low displays and low power capabilities. For example- Televisions, PDAs, smartphones, mobile devices etc.
- Java SE – Java standard edition is used for general purpose to develop computers, Pc servers and many more.
- Java EE – This is an enterprise edition of java platform.
C Language :-
C language is an old language, but is still widely used in programming. It is a basic Programming language and easy to learn.
Why to learn C Language and its advantages:-
- C language is very easy to learn, as it is a basic language.
- It is an old language and you can research as deep as you can.
- Lot of resources are available offline and online to learn C language.
- C language is small language and fast.
- C language is good for embedded systems.
- It is mostly and widely used in web browsers.
- It is very easy to learn. Many resources are available. Such as w3 schools.
C# or C sharp :-
C sharp was developed by Microsoft and thus, it is a primary language for developing applications and various programs on Microsoft platforms and services.
Why to learn C# or C sharp Language and its advantages:-
- It is simple, clean and modern language.
- C# is also suitable for embedded systems.
- Its durability and robustness are the key factors.
- C# can be used to build modern we applications.
- It is used to develop windows device software’s and applications.
- It is the quickest and fastest way to develop Microsoft windows applications.
- It is safe and elegant to use.
- C# supports many language style and also, it is very easy to learn through Microsoft or other websites. Such as- Tutorial point.
PHP was created by Rasmus Lerdorf in 1995. It is a server based scripting language. It is now produced by The PHP Group. PHP stands for Hypertext Pre-processor. More than 240 million websites installed PHP.
Why to learn PHP or Hypertext Pre-processor Language and its advantages:-
- Most of the data website’s in modern day uses PHP.
- It is a basic foundation language for content management systems. Like wordpress.
- It is used along with SQL to power websites.
- PHP is most widely used language for making dynamic websites.
- It is mainly used for web development.
- It is very powerful, quick and safe language.
- PHP has cross-platform compatibility.
C++ is a general purpose language. C++ was developed by Bjarne Stroustrup in 1983.It is a cross-platform or multi-platform language. Languages like c#, Java and more have been influenced by C++ language.
Why to learn C++ Language and its advantages:-
- It is designed efficiently and is very flexible to use.
- It is found useful in developing applications for desktops, telephones switches and entertainment software’s.
- Popular languages like C# and Java have been influenced by C++ language.
- C++ language is the preferred choice for developing desktop software’s, Games, console apps.
- It directly interacts with lower level hardware.
- C++ language is extremely powerful.
Python is widely used language. It is a general purpose and high level programming language. Python was developed by Guido Van Russom. Python is currently managed by the Python software foundation a non- profit foundation.
Why to learn Python Language and its advantages:-
- PHP language popularity is growing continuously.
- Implementing and usage of this language is very easy.
- It requires very less lines of code to develop a program.
- It is very demanding language in-terms of job search.
- Big Multinational companies like Google, yahoo and more use Python.
SQL or Structured Query language :-
SQL or Structured query language is designed for managing data in RDBMS. DDL (Data definition language) and DML (Data manipulation language) are the parts of SQL. SQL was designed by Donald D. Chamberlin and Raymond F. Boyce in 1974.
Why to learn SQL Language and its advantages:-
- SQL is used everywhere and it is complex language.
- It is very fast and reliable. And gives quick information.
- SQL helps in finding information from large and complex databases.
- SQL is developed for retrieving and manipulating data.
Programming Languages that you must learn in 2017?