Sync your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with iTunes
Sync your iPhone with iTunes using WiFi? Learn how to sync your iOS device with iTunes on your computer.
With Wi-Fi, you can use iTunes to sync information on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your computer. For example, if you buy movies or music, syncing adds this media to your computer.
When you sync, iTunes determines whether your iOS device or your computer contains the most recent information, and lets you choose the information you want to sync.
Set up syncing – Sync your iPhone with iTunes using WiFI
Sync your iPhone with iTunes using WiFi?
- Open iTunes.
- Connect your iOS device to your computer with the included USB cable.
- Locate your iOS device.
If you’re in the iTunes Store, click the Library button, then look for your device in the upper-right corner.
- In the Summary tab, select “Sync with this [device] over Wi-Fi.”
- When the computer and the iOS device are on the same network, the iOS device will appear in iTunes. Then you can sync it. The iOS device will sync automatically when the following conditions are true:
- The iOS device is charging.
- iTunes is open on the computer.
- The iOS device and the computer are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- When your device is connected with iTunes via Wi-Fi, you can select the device and then configure sync and other options.
- Click Apply or Sync to sync the iOS device.
Device not recognized – iTunes wifi sync iPhone
Sync your iPhone with iTunes using WiFi? If Wi-Fi syncing won’t turn on or isn’t working, try these steps:
- Restart your computer and iOS device.
- Check your Wi-Fi connection on your computer and iOS device. Make sure that they’re on the same Wi-Fi network. Wi-Fi syncing doesn’t work over an Ethernet to Wi-Fi connection.
- Check firewall settings, or check the documentation to learn how to open TCP ports 123 and 3689 as well as UDP ports 123 and 5353.
iTunes Full Guide:
- How to reset disabled iPhone – how to reset disabled iphone 4 without itunes.
- How to Backup or restore data in iCloud and iTunes on iPhone and iPad.
- How to transfer data from your old iPhone to your new iPhone using iTunes.
- How to Reset iPhone and iPad forgot password without using iTunes.
- How to enable Parental controls for iTunes and iBooks store on iPhone and iPad.
- iPhone to iPhone contacts transfer without using itunes.
- How to put movies, videos on iPhone without iTunes.
- Sync your iPhone with iTunes using WiFi.
- Locate and view your connected device in iTunes.
- Sync iPhone with iTunes using USB.