How to Syncing your Windows 8 settings – Use same settings on other windows 8 PC
Windows 8 still have the same desktop like windows 7, but more powerful gestures and features and simplicity. You can personalize it with different backgrounds, colors, and themes, and pin your favorite apps to the Taskbar. How to Sync PC Settings in Windows 8 or 8.1.
If you want to copy settings and themes of your one windows 8 PC to another PC, you can do that easily by synchronizing windows 8 settings. This feature of Microsoft windows 8 will sync your Windows 8 lock screen picture, Start screen, and themes. And when you will sign in to same Microsoft account on another PC, you will see your personalized windows 8 screen.
[box type=”info” ]How to create a Windows 8 USB recovery drive.
How to make a bootable usb disk drive for windows 8, 8.1[/box]
How to To sync Windows 8 or 8.1 settings
In the first step Go to the lower corner or upper corner of your PC or Laptop screen
You will see a settings tab.
Tap on Settings, and
Then tap on Change PC settings.
- PC settings tab will open.
Now Tap on OneDrive settings,
You will see four options: File storage, camera roll, sync settings, metered connections.
Now tap on sync settings to move further.
Now select Sync your settings on this PC to turn it on.
Under Personalization settings, choose the settings you want to sync.
Note: You’ll be able to see tiles on the Start screen for all of your apps on any device where you sign in. But to use an app on another device, you’ll need to install it on that device. How to Sync PC Settings in Windows 8 or 8.1.
Windows 8 settings which you can sync to other PC’s – How to Sync PC Settings in Windows 8 or 8.1
- You can sync PC settings across all of your devices using OneDrive.
- Personalisation settings like:
- Start screen settings: you can sync your start screen tiles layout to other pc using onedrive.
- Appearance settings: You can sync your Windows 8 PC colours, backgrounds, lock screen and even account picture to other PC’s.
- Desktop personalisation settings: All settings like themes, taskbar, high contrast and more can also be synchronized from one windows 8 PC to other Windows 8 or 8.1 PC.
- App settings:
- Apps installed: You can sync the list of applications installed from one PC to another.
- App Data: All app purchases and settings can also be sync between two windows 8 PC’s. Just follow the above steps.
- Other Settings:
- Web Browser: All web browser content like My favorites, open tabs, home pages, history and settings can also be sync to other PC’s when you sign in with same windows account.
- Passwords: All your passwords for applications, websites, networks and home-groups will also be synchronized to other PC’s.
- Language preferences: Keyboards, input methods, display language, personal dictionary and many more things will also be sync to your OneDrive account and you can use these settings on other Windows 8 PC or laptop using same Microsot email account.
- Ease of Access settings and
- Window Backup settings.