If your iPhone’s sleep/wake button stops working, here’s how to power it down with Assistive Touch: How to turn off iPhone 5 without screen and Power Button or Lock Button, iPhone, 6s Plus, iPhone 7 plus?
Turn off iPhone 5 without screen? The iPhone only has two main buttons, the Lock (sleep/wake) button, and the Home button. Day in and day out we use these two buttons constantly. So what happens if one of them fails? In this case, a reader asked how they can completely power down their iPhone if their Lock button has stopped working. Assistive Touch doesn’t make it very obvious, but you actually can power down your iPhone with it. Follow along and I’ll show you how! our device might have a frozen screen that doesn’t respond when you … both the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons for at least ten seconds. Completely shut down your iPhone with these two easy steps. It’s good to do this at least once every week to keep your phone in good condition. We’ve got the guides to walk you through step by step:
How to power down your iPhone if your Lock button doesn’t work
- in the First Step Just Go to > the Settings app on your iPhone 7, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 6s Plus or iPad.
- Now you just have to Click or Tap on General Settings.
- Then Go to > Accessibility Settings to move further.
- Now you will see Assistive touch Feature, just Tap on AssistiveTouch.
- Now you have to Turn On the option for AssistiveTouch.
- A new circle button will appear on your screen. Tap on it.
- In the popup menu, tap on Device.
- Press and hold on the option for Lock screen.
- The Slide to Power Off dialog will appear and you can slide your finger to power down your iPhone.
How to turn off iPhone 5 when screen is frozen: Turn off iPhone 5 without screen
Fix a Frozen iPhone in 10 Seconds. You can fix a frozen iPhone in about ten seconds by pressing and holding the power and home button at the same time until the iPhone restarts. Once the iPhone screen changes from the frozen state to showing an Apple logo or just a blank screen you can let go.
How do I force an iPhone to shut off with Broken Screen: Turn off iPhone 5 without screen
- Go to; Settings, general, accessibility,
- go right down to assistive touch and switch on.
- A bubble should appear on screen,
- then just click the bubble,
- click device,
- then simply hold down the lock screen icon.
- To just lock the screen tap it once.