iPhone, iPad Touch Screen Unresponsive: How To Fix It? – Turn off iPhone without touch screen
If your iPhone’s touchscreen cracks, breaks or otherwise becomes unusable, it prevents you from using most features of your device. If you want to save your battery while you wait for your touch screen to be repaired, turn your iPhone off. Doing so doesn’t require use of your touchscreen at all, but rather two of the buttons elsewhere on your iPhone. Wait for your iPhone’s battery to die if you can’t get it to shut down using its buttons. Reputable technicians who repair your iPhone has access to a charger, so allowing your battery to die isn’t inhibitive to fixing the problem.
- How to power down your iPhone if your Lock button doesn’t work
- How to turn off iPhone 5 when screen is frozen: Turn off iPhone 5 without screen
- How do I force an iPhone to shut off with Broken Screen: Turn off iPhone 5 without screen
- How to turn off iPhone without Home button or Touchscreen: iPhone 7, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5, iPad air, iPad 3
- Turn off iPhone When the Touch Screen Is Broken
- in the First Step Just Go to > the Settings app on your iPhone 7, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 6s Plus or iPad.
- Now you just have to Click or Tap on General Settings.
- Then Go to > Accessibility Settings to move further.
- Now you will see Assistive touch Feature, just Tap on AssistiveTouch.
- Now you have to Turn On the option for AssistiveTouch.
- A new circle button will appear on your screen. Tap on it.
- In the popup menu, tap on Device.
- Press and hold on the option for Lock screen.
- The Slide to Power Off dialog will appear and you can slide your finger to power down your iPhone.
iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus Broken Screen, Can’t slide the slider to turn it off
- Just like what they said, hold the power and home screen button, until it turns black, Then it will reset. Hold down your power button and your home button until you see the Apple logo. Then it should come back on.
You rely on your iPhone to keep in touch with business partners and employees via phone calls, text messages and email. If you drop your iPhone and break the touch screen, you cannot use the device as normal. The iPhone does not have a “Power” button, so if you break the touch screen, the device remains powered on until its battery dies. If you do not want to wait for the iPhone’s battery to die, use the reset process recommended by Apple to turn the device off.
Turn Off iPhone without touchscreen or When the Touch Screen Is Broken
Force an iPhone to shut off with broken power button, unresponsive screen?
- Press and hold the “Sleep/Wake” button located on the top of the iPhone.
- Hold the “Home” button on the front of the iPhone while continuing to hold the Sleep/Wake button.
- Release the buttons as soon as the iPhone’s screen turns black to turn it off. Do not continue to hold the buttons or the device will reset.
How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can’t turn off
After installing iOS 9 some users have found their iPhone suddenly has a stuck screen that – no matter how hard you try – won’t respond to your increasingly fervoured finger tapping. The iPhone is unusable, and, worse, you can’t even turn it off or restart as the swipe doesn’t work.
Also: How to install iOS 9 tips.
How to fix this unresponsive iOS 9 iPhone screen problem is quite easy, although some people have found they need to perform it several times.
To get your iPhone screen working again simply hold down the circular Home button and the On/Off (Sleep/Wake) button at the same time for around 10 seconds.
My screen is now unresponsive to touch, so I can’t slide my finger to unlock. I am able to access assistive touch and pull the bottom menu up (with brightness settings, volume, etc) from the bottom, but I can’t slide it back down. I found that this isn’t an unusual problem, and I just have to force the iphone to shut off. However, my top menu button has been stuck for about a week and doesn’t work. Even if I hold down the lock screen option in assistive touch and the power off screen appears, I can’t shut it down because my screen is unresponsive. Waiting for the battery to die out would take days or weeks.
How to turn iphone off
Hold and press down the Sleep/Wake button for few seconds. If you just pressed the button once, the screen will go dark but will not turn off your iPhone.
You need to hold the button until you get a screen with Red Arrow at the top of the screen displaying slide to power off. But if have changed your mind then you can simply tap the cancel button which will appear at the bottom of the screen.
To switch the device off, place your finger on the red arrow and slide it towards the right side.
As your phone is shutting down you will see a spinning circle in the middle of screen. This will shut down your device.