Turn off Sound in Facebook Videos and Facebook News Feed videos
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Go to Settings by clicking the down arrow in the upper-right corner.
- Navigate to the Videos section.
- Click Off under the option Videos in News Feed Start with Sound.
With the setting disabled, you will still be able to hear sound by tapping on the video.
To stop videos from playing automatically on your computer:
- From the top right of Facebook, click and select Settings.
- Click Videos in the left menu.
Mute Facebook Autoplay videos n iPhone or iPad
To adjust this setting on your iPhone: Open the Facebook app. Tap. Scroll down and tap Settings. Tap Account Settings. Tap Videos and Photos > Autoplay. Choose an option.