Learn how to request an unlock code to allow your AT&T device to operate on another compatible wireless network. How to unlock AT&T iPhone 6, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 or 7 Plus?
If you just bought an iPhone from AT&T network on contract, it will be “locked” to AT&T’s network. That means that you will not be able to use any other networks sim card in your iPhone, and if you try to put in a T-Mobile SIM or Verizon Sim card, it won’t work. Same with an international SIM if you’re traveling. But there’s a way to unlock your iPhone of any version by following some procedure and fulfilling some AT&T requirements. AT&T has a process in place for you to request a code to do just that. Requirements and procedures are described below:
- What requirements does AT&T have for unlocking?
- How do I request an unlock code from AT&T?
- Note: If you bought your New iPhone 7 by paying in full or other phone from AT&T, without any Contracts, then follow this article: AT&T iPhone unlock: How to Unlock AT&T iPhone 7
AT&T Requirements for ALL iPhone unlocking requests or Sim free iPhone? Unlock AT&T iPhone 6, 7, 7 Plus, 5s
Before requesting an unlock code from AT&T, there are some requirements you’ll need to know. If your device is designed to work on another wireless network, you’ll have to go to that carrier to request an unlock. If your device is an AT&T network device, here’s what you need to do: Take a look at the requirements listed for all requests and for specific customers.
- iPhone must be locked to AT&T.
- Your iPhone or any other device must not be reported as lost or stolen .
- It can’t be associated with fraudulent or illegal activity .
- All of your iPhone’s service commitments and installment plans are completed, and all early termination fees are paid in full.
- The phone is only active on your AT&T customer’s account.
- If you just upgraded your iPhone, you must wait the 14-day “buyer’s remorse” period before you can request to unlock your previous device.
There may also be some special circumstances for different AT&T services, like Go Phone and pre-paid customers. Be sure to check out the eligibility of your iPhone before continuing.
Request an unlock code from AT&T Network?
AT&T will try to contact you within two business days of your request to unlock your phone .
- Go to att.com/deviceunlock.
- Read and agree to the eligibility requirements to unlock your device.
- Complete and submit the request form.
- You’ll receive a confirmation email with your unlock request number.
- Select the link in the email within 24 hours of receipt to confirm your unlock request.
- AT&T will respond within two business days.
- If your request is approved, AT&T emails the unlock code and instructions to unlock your device to you.
- The unlock code is located near the top of the approval email.
- Follow the instructions in the email to unlock your device.
- iPhone doesn’t use an unlock code. After receiving the email approving your unlock request, remove the AT&T SIM card and insert the new carrier SIM to begin set up.
Warning: AT&T has the right to deny any request and may need you to complete additional steps before they say yes.
Have you unlocked your AT&T iPhone? Let me know how the process went for you, and if you have any tips to share! Unlock AT&T iPhone 6, 7, 7 Plus, 5s