Exploring the new Photos app in Windows 10 – Photos app in Windows 10
Windows 10 photos app is upgraded and now has new set of features and settings. The new photos app in Windows 10 does more than just display your pictures as a slideshow. The new photos app can organize your photos by date taken and many more features. Some of the features are:-
- The new Windows 10 photo app can organize your pictures or images by dates.
- Photos app in Microsoft windows 10 can create curated albums for you. Without you doing a thing.
- It has amazing new picture enhancement settings and features.
- The new Windows 10 Photo app can edit your features using new available tools.
- You can also share you pictures via social networks and email using Windows 10 Photo app.
- So, there is more to come. But, still it’s a great tool.
Windows 10 Photos app – Collections and albums Settings
Windows 10 new enhanced photos app has two new sections: one is Collections and the other one is Albums. Under Collection tab in new photos app you will find collection of your photos organized by date taken. Collection tab will show you monthly collections of your photos. So, If you want to quickly find photos from a certain time period without scrolling through all of the photos in your collection, click or tap on a date to zoom out to a list of all past months.
In Albums section of Windows 10 Photos app, you’ll find albums that the Photos app creates for you automatically, based on date taken, location. You will not be able to do anything with it like: creating new folders or albums.
Add a new picture folder to Windows 10 Photos App – Photos app in Windows 10
If you want to add more photos to your windows 10 photo app, you just have to create a new folder (or an old folder with pictures will do) and store some pictures in it. And then follow the below given steps:
- To add another folder to the Photos app,
- Just open the Windows 10 Photos app,
- Now Go to > Settings and then Sourcessection,
- Now tap or click on Add a folder.
- Now Select or Find the folder you want to add,
- Now select it, and then
- Tap or click on Add this folder to Pictures.
Show or Hide OneDrive Photos in Windows 10 Photos app – Photos app in Windows 10 – Windows 10 Photos app
If you want to Show or Hide OneDrive Photos in Windows 10 Photos app you can easily do it by turning off OneDrive settings in Windows 10 Photos app. Just go to Settings and turn off Show my photos and videos from OneDrive. This will do.
Edit and enhance
Windows 10 Photos app:
The new Photos app does have some editing features, including filters and a one-click Enhance button that applies some basic fixes.
To edit a photo in the Photos app, click on the photo to open it and click the pencil icon to open the editing platform. To the left of your photo, you’ll see the different categories: Basic fixes, filters, light, color, and effects. Basic fixes include the one-click Enhance button, as well as rotation, cropping, straightening, red-eye, and “retouch,” which lets you tap and smooth away blemishes.
While you’re editing your image, you can compare it with the original by clicking and holding the compare button at the top of the screen. The top menu also has undo/redo buttons, as well as the options to save the original image or save a copy of the image.
Click this button or use the keyboard shortcut Windows key + H to open the Share toolbar, which will list the apps you can use to share your photos (this will vary depending on what apps you have installed, but Facebook, Twitter, and Mail should all be on there).
Windows 10 Full Guide:
- How to prepare your PC for Windows 10.
- Here’s how to upgrade to Windows 10.
- How to do a clean install of Windows 10.
- How to get Windows 10 right now.
- How to install Windows 10 on your phone.
- How to install Windows 10 on a Mac.
- Change your mind about Windows 10? Here’s how you can roll back.
- Exploring the Windows 10 Settings menu.
- Windows 10 Settings menu: The Update & recovery tab.
- Windows 10 Settings menu: The Ease of Access tab.
- Windows 10 Settings menu: The Accounts tab.
- Windows 10 Settings Menu: The System tab.
- Windows 10 Settings menu: The Network & Internet tab.
- How to use the Windows 10 Start menu.
- How to customize the Windows 10 Start menu.
- How to switch between the Start menu and Start screen in Windows 10.
- How to manage both the Start menu and Start screen in Windows 10.
Photos app in Windows 10